If your website isn’t driving real leads to your law firm, you need one that does. Receiving leads is the top challenge for most lawyers and their firms. Speaking engagements and printed ads are just not effective marketing techniques like they once were. When marketing budgets are frozen, and few quality leads are incoming, the price per lead rises. Therefore, the online world has now become the lead generation marketplace for lawyers and law firms.
For many lawyers, finding the time to optimize a website to generate leads is difficult. Online lead generation for lawyers is an ongoing process that requires full-time attention. Learning the number of digital marketing terms alone can take some time: outbound marketing, inbound marketing, impressions, tweets, bounce rate, conversions, etc. Add to this all the acronyms to know: SEO, PPC, SEM, CPC, CMS, etc.
Where Do Online Campaigns Originate?
Your website is where it all begins. This is where your online lead generation and online marketing activities start. One basic rule of thumb is this: If your website is not professional in appearance, it will likely not attract and convert the leads you want.
Once you have a proper professional website up and running, you need to use digital marketing strategies that will drive appropriate traffic there. Once traffic is arriving, your site’s content must turn these visitors into leads by getting them to provide their contact information on either a website form or via a phone call to your firm.
What Methods Will Increase Website Traffic?
The following are lead generation tactics for lawyers that help increase traffic to your website:
- Blogging – By writing and posting blog articles containing helpful information and including target keywords, you can aid the search engine ranking of your website and draw visitors at the same time. It is a great idea to also share these blog posts on social media or via email.
- Social Media Marketing – In this manner, you can engage your prospects, influencers, and clients in conversation while sharing your content on social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. The helpful content you post can help bring these users back to your site and turn them into active leads.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – SEO basically propels traffic to your site and increases the search rankings, enabling prospects to find you. It takes skill, time and attention to perform effective SEO. Each time new content is published on your website, the process must be implemented.
- Content Marketing – Engaging, valuable content is required to successfully generate online leads. Helpful content like videos, blog posts, eBooks or webinars that are effectively announced to the world help bring visitors flocking to your website and then result in “content sharing” that intensifies the reach. Additionally, other websites often link to beneficial content like yours, thus sending more and more traffic your way.
- Email Marketing – To help keep you in your target audience’s mind and drive individuals to your site, sending informative emails can do the trick. Just be sure to send great content at the right time to the right people to generate leads.
- Online Advertising – The fastest, cheapest and most effective way to move traffic to your website for lead generation is to advertise online. However, many lawyers don’t know how to optimize their online advertising, so they waste lots of money with no results. Social advertising on networks like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, along with pay-per-click tools such as Google Adwords, gives lawyers the ability to effectively target their desired prospects and measure their progress.
- Measurement and Analytics – Digital marketing falls more into the category of a science than an art. All scientific endeavors require experimentation and testing. So, unless you have data and a way to measure the results, there is no way to know the return on your investment or to gain valuable insight into ways to enhance the methods.
When implemented successfully, these tactics can greatly increase and improve the quality of traffic coming to your website. The two keywords here are quality and traffic. As a lawyer, you are not just looking for traffic, since all traffic is not created equal. You want quality traffic visiting your site. The combination of a well-built website, having rich and informative content, coupled with quality traffic visiting the site is a great place to start. Lead generation for lawyers starts with a great website. After that, digital marketing campaigns add the success factor.
Finding Qualified Campaigns for Your Law Firm
Oftentimes, law firms will create powerful marketing campaigns and acquire many leads. Lead generation for lawyers is a challenging task, but many of these new leads end up being unqualified. Lawyers now have the option to connect with qualified claimants who are already signed by working with Broughton Partners, a client acquisition firm helping lawyers across the country build better connections.
To learn more about how Broughton Partners delivers qualified claimants to lawyers, call (800) 949-8904 or fill out an online contact form for a free consultation.